Welcome, Peter !

From: Steve Hinkson (sphinkson@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Wed Aug 11 1999 - 17:58:08 PDT

Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 17:58:08 -0700
From: Steve Hinkson <sphinkson@worldnet.att.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Welcome, Peter !

Peter:
Welcome to the listserv. You could build a wardian case for some
tropicals. After all, in the UK, it's a tradition !
LOL
I was trained as a botanist. I have been known to use wrong terms. I
suppose I should apologize twice? Been in the field of horticulture
for 26 years, and my botany's rusty. I joined
"bionet.plants.education" to brush up. Those still in academia won't
let me get away with anything ! It's good for me, but that's not what
this group's about. Taxonomy and phytochemistry arguments aren't for
this forum.

What do you grow, and do you do it outside?
I live in a desert, and none of my cp will survive in a bog outdoors.
Steve

--
Drop by and see me at :
 http://www.geocities.com/HotSprings/Spa/6811

Hi. I've been reading the list for a while now, so I thought it was about time to say hello. I live in the south of England and may be known to UK CPers as I used to run the CPS seed bank before handing over to Paul a few years back. I grow most types of carnivorous plants, with the exception of tropicals, I don't have the facilities to maintain required temperatures. I'm rather pleased with my Byblis Giganteas at the moment which I regularly attack with a tuning fork and some tissue to collect pollen. Some nicely swelling buds can be seen on those I prepared earlier. I'm an enthusiast not a botanist so apologies in advance if I use the wrong terms. I'm looking forward to sharing experiences with you all.