Re: Heliamphora pitchers

From: Dave Evans (T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU)
Date: Thu Aug 19 1999 - 13:28:00 PDT

Date:    Thu, 19 Aug 99 16:28 EDT
From: Dave Evans                           <T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Heliamphora pitchers

Dear Angie,

Did anyone else answer? Anyway, you would have to test the leaf
for carnivory on a individual basis, I think. It's probably just
a freak, after all, even the sepals and petals are modified leaves.
Sometimes, plants make a mistake and grow 'normal' leaves, or even
whole plants, in place of bracts or flowers buds.

Dave Evans