Re: Heat-tolerant D.arcturi?

From: Mark Bachelor (bachelor@gateway.mggs.vic.edu.au)
Date: Sun Aug 22 1999 - 16:52:40 PDT

Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 09:52:40 +1000
From: Mark Bachelor <bachelor@gateway.mggs.vic.edu.au>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Heat-tolerant D.arcturi?

Does being buried in snow or blasted by winds coming off Antartic Ice
count as cold winter tempers?Southern Tassie is definately not a warm
place and so the sea level growing D.arcturi would probably experience
similar conditions to those growing in the lower levels of the Victorian
snow fields.

At Triffid Park they grow them on a chilled water table, the same as for
Darlingtonia. You could always try the ice water in the foam container trick.

--
Regards

Mark T. Bachelor