D. slackii

From: Amy E. Ritchie (carnivorous_plant@juno.com)
Date: Sat Aug 28 1999 - 09:44:32 PDT

Date: Sat, 28 Aug 1999 12:44:32 -0400
From: "Amy E. Ritchie" <carnivorous_plant@juno.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: D. slackii

Once I was wondering why I couldn't seem to find anything on D. slackii,
and then I talked to a guy that said D. slackii was just recently given
it's name. What was D. slackii's name before it was D. slackii? I can't
seem to find anything about it's care. I saw a picture of a D. spathulata
and it looked EXACTLY like my D. slackii. Do they just look similar, or
could this be what it was named before...?? I'm all confused.
If anyone can tell me, is D. slackii a temperate or tropical drosera, and
does it need anything special that the others don't? I'm asking this
because of all the sundews I have, this one hasn't had a drop of dew on
it since the day I got it - maybe I'm doing something wrong.
Anyway, maybe someone here can give me some info on this sundew.
Thanks,
Amy
http://www.homestead.com/flytraps
Handmade VFT finger puppets - $4 each-