October 2 Plant Sale

From: Barry Meyers-Rice (bamrice@ucdavis.edu)
Date: Thu Sep 02 1999 - 19:07:31 PDT

Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 19:07:31 -0700 (PDT)
From: Barry Meyers-Rice <bamrice@ucdavis.edu>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: October 2 Plant Sale

Hey Folks,

On October 2 (a Saturday), the University of California is going to have
their annual Plant Sale extravaganza. Those on this list who have attended
in the past can attest that it feels like part plant sale, part concert.
It is a big, fun event!

Just like last year, there will be a whole mess of carnivores for sale.
We've been working hard to provide as many plants as possible. Like last
year we will have many Nepenthes plants for sale, but we have a larger
diversity of species and hybrids. We will also have a lot of Drosera,
Pinguicula, Sarracenia, and also specialty plants like Utricularia,
Genlisea, and rarer Drosera.

These plants will be priced to sell, and sell fast. (In other words,
peat-cheap!) I will be on hand to answer questions, as will the other fine
folks who help steward the carnivorous plant collection (Beth Salvia, John
Brittnacher, Matt Fujita). I hope to see you there, if just to say hi!

No, I cannot mail-order plants to people. Ya gotta be there to buy!

I will email a more detailed inventory of the plants that will be sold, as
well as sale hours, access, etc., as the date approaches. Just mark your
calendars now.

Proceeds for the sale are donated to the UCDavis Arboretum and Botanical
Conservatory

Sincerely

Barry

Dr. Barry A. Meyers-Rice