Re: N. veitchii

From: Christer Berglund (christer.berglund@amiga.pp.se)
Date: Sun Sep 12 1999 - 03:34:38 PDT

Date: Sun, 12 Sep 1999 12:34:38 +0200
From: Christer Berglund <christer.berglund@amiga.pp.se>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: N. veitchii

Hi Ch'ien,

Thanks for the help. It's always interesting to receive information
about these wonderful plants in their natural habitat.

> Perhaps the longer leaves of the lowland variety help it to clasp around
> the trunks of the larger lowland trees (vs. smaller trees in highland
> forest).

Some time ago I looked in the CP list archives from 1996 and was quite
surprised when people there mentioned lowland forms (in cultivation)
with 50 cm leaves. But beside size, is there differences in leaf shape
(base/apex) between highland and lowland plants?

Regards,

--
Christer Berglund
E-mail: christer.berglund@amiga.pp.se