Malasian exporters.

From: Steve Hinkson (sphinkson@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Wed Sep 22 1999 - 03:03:37 PDT

Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 03:03:37 -0700
From: Steve Hinkson <sphinkson@worldnet.att.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Malasian exporters.

Dear all:
I seem to have offended the Malaysian exporter which was discussed
briefly in this forum.(CPD #1950-1) and for that, I'm sorry, and want
to publicly apologize.
I have not ordered from that company, as it has existed for only a
year, and my experience was in '96.
My advise to find a way around our government's bureaucracy
stands.

Malesiana [sic] tropicals write :
       "You are right that it is in everyone's best interest to buy
        plants through distributors, however we have had many
successful
        shipments to private collectors in the US during the past year
and we
       don't want people (especially those on the CP list) to think
that we
       left a customer unhappy. Malesiana Tropicals guarantees live
delivery
       of plants and will replace any plant that arrives damaged or
dead. "

Ch'ien Lee: (spokesperson for the company)
You've misunderstood. I wasn't disappointed with the provider, but
with the bureaucracy in the customs department here. If customs holds
up an import plant order, the plant will suffer. I think
the advise given in the newsgroup was better, to buy from a US company
that
buys from you. Customs is so concerned that we plant freaks are
trying to
smuggle, that small private orders were often held. If that's
changed, COOL
! But government resists change !
Steve