Asexual reproduction

From: chris (drosera@CAM.ORG)
Date: Wed Sep 22 1999 - 18:10:38 PDT

Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 21:10:38 -0400
From: "chris" <drosera@CAM.ORG>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Asexual reproduction

And finally,

I propogate a lot of my plants by plant division (leaf cuttings,
stem cuttings, rhizome seperation). I have no major problems doing
this, and I usually get quite good results from it. But it did get
me to thinking. When you take a leaf cutting from a temperate
drosera, as an example, will the new plants from the leaf need the
same seasonal schedule as the adult plants, or would they be
receptive to a different one. In fact I do have one D.
Rotundifolia leaf that is just now starting to grow a little
plantlet, but the parent plant is currectly dormant. I'm just
wondering what the best approach would be. And I'm curious too.

Thanks again.

Chris F.

[HTML file part2 deleted by listprocessor]