Re: Malesiana Tropicals

From: Gary Kong (garko@juno.com)
Date: Wed Sep 22 1999 - 20:28:48 PDT

Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 20:28:48 -0700
From: Gary Kong <garko@juno.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Malesiana Tropicals

I ordered two of their tissue cultured Nepenthes through Thomas Hayes.
The prices were very reasonable (same as the catalogue price + $5.00
shipping per plant, for Mr. Hayes' processing costs). The plants arrived
healthy--albeit smallish, about three inches across--with plenty of
healthy roots. I planted them and noticed uninterrupted growth. They're
now exposed to ambient room temps and humidity and have acclimated to my
San Francisco flat quite seamlessly. IN about two years, I should have a
very healthy sized N. alata and N. maxima. BTW, a N. sanguinea I
purchased from Claifornia Carnivores two years ago as a similar sized TC
has began its exponential growth spurt. It's now sending out 12"
petioles! I'm frightened to see how big the pitchers will get!

Gary Kong
garko@juno.com