Re: Nepenthes Mirabilis

From: Stephen Davis (stephen@ricochet.net)
Date: Thu Sep 23 1999 - 16:27:45 PDT

Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 16:27:45 -0700
From: Stephen Davis <stephen@ricochet.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Nepenthes Mirabilis

My special, select species/hybrid from Home Depot was under lights and
very red until I put it in my bathroom away from the window. Now, it's a
very nice healthy green. My conclusion was that it was getting too much
light. Might be your problem too. It's sunburned.

A Nepenthes grower commented once on my observation and noted that it
can be very dark on the rain forest floor, where many of these plants
grow. The one that's doing well may be more tolerant of bright light, or
may even need it. Move the other further away from the window and it
might like it. Mine is in a bright bathroom, but several feet from the
window, and when the door is open all the way, it block the window
completely. It's a great house plant, although my mother would shudder
to have them in HER house.

Stephen Davis