re: Where to get Captan or other good fungicides?

From: Sundew Sundew (sundew@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Oct 04 1999 - 10:58:40 PDT

Date: Mon, 4 Oct 1999 13:58:40 -0400
From: "Sundew Sundew" <sundew@hotmail.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: re:  Where to get Captan or other good fungicides?

Hi Howie,

This is a great question. I spoke to a long time CPer about
fungicides and he told me that when he used Captan years ago, he
damaged some of his plants by not rinsing them off thoroughly. I
heard Benomyl was a bit gentler but was removed from the market due
to environmental issues. As for soil slime and mold, I'm not so
sure it would harm Nepenthes much but it does get in the way with
smaller CP like Drosera, especially seedlings. You might try to
coat the surface of your soil with milled sphagnum, sand, pebbles or
something this stuff wont grow on. I would be interested in hearing
from serious Drosera growers who've been using fungicide, especially
indoors. Any losses / damage? What would you recommend now that
Benomyl's off the market? I'm worried about possible sensitivity
with some of my Brazilians and Petiolarises.

Thanks! maTT

[HTML file part2 deleted by listprocessor]