A couple questions - and some plants for sale

From: Amy E. Ritchie (carnivorous_plant@juno.com)
Date: Thu Oct 21 1999 - 18:17:12 PDT

Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 21:17:12 -0400
From: "Amy E. Ritchie" <carnivorous_plant@juno.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: A couple questions - and some plants for sale

Hi all,
I have a couple questions.

First of all, my D. intermedia just finished flowering. For some reason,
all of it's leaves are shriveling and dying. In the middle of the plant,
there are all these little...things (I'm not sure how to explain it --
they look like new leaves that are about to come up). But there are about
25 of them, and none are uncurling, so I guess they're not leaves. What
is this? Is this what they call a winter bud?
(Oh, also, I have some of the D. intermedia seed and some D. binata
T-form seed for trade)

Second of all, my S. minor was producing alot of new baby pitchers. The
big old pitchers died and it sent up about 8 new ones. But they got to
the point of about 5 in. tall (much smaller than the older pitchers) and
then they stopped growing. For a couple weeks they shot up, growing alot
bigger every day, and then they stopped. Why is this? Is there anything I
can do the make them start growing again?

Also, I have a some plants and seeds for sale/trade. I have listed prices
in case you want to buy, but I would prefer to trade:
D. ADELAE - 3 available - $2.00 each or all 4 for $5
VFT - a small plant that came off my older VFT as a side bulb - $1
D. CAPENSIS - 1 available - $2.50
Shipping will be $3 for 1-all of the plants. If you want all of the
plants, I will sell you all of the above for $8 plus s/h.
But like I said, I would prefer to trade. I am looking for many types of
sundews, most all types of butterworts, sarr. hybrids, wierd types of
VFTs (like the clam), lithops, etc. etc.

Talk to you later,

Amy
http://www.homestead.com/flytraps --- MY MAIN
CP PAGE