Imidacloprid For Vine Weevil

From: Nigel Hurneyman (nhurneym@uk.oracle.com)
Date: Mon Nov 01 1999 - 10:22:02 PST

Date: Mon, 01 Nov 1999 18:22:02 +0000
From: Nigel Hurneyman <nhurneym@uk.oracle.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Imidacloprid For Vine Weevil

An n-derivative item of information from another listserver.

Regards, NigelH

> Can anyone tell me anything about a new weapon in the Vine Weevil
> war, I believe it is available under the 'Bio' label ?
>
> Name, principle of operation, availability, etc.?

This probably refers to a new systemic Provado made by PBI (Bayer) and
just
introduced at GLEE. It is based on Imidacloprid. It is claimed to give
up to
six months protection against our common vine weevil and 'other
sap-sucking
insects'. It is watered directly into the pot and is not suitable for
open-ground use. It has an indefinite shelf life. It is available in a
70gm
pack at \2437.99 retail, or a four sachet pack at \2434.29, the former
treating
250 litres of compost, the latter 20 litres per sachet.
This is quoted from a photocopy I was sent from a magazine and I do not
know
which! At the end there is a phone number 0208 344 6800 or fax 0208 344
6822, but do not ask me whose number, probably PBI as a new product from
Baby Bio is on the same number.
Hope this solves all your problems.