Frozen Neps

From: JECavanaug@aol.com
Date: Tue Nov 16 1999 - 07:34:03 PST

Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 10:34:03 EST
From: JECavanaug@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Frozen Neps

Greetings all:

I have a N. mirabilis which got caught out in the cold (I moved last February
from Erie PA to Chicago and my plants were in a Coleman cooler in the car for
12 hours). All the CP died except the one Nep. Anyway, after all the leaves
fell off there was some initial regrowth, but for the past few months all the
leaves have been slooooooooooooooowly dieing off.

Any hope of re-recovery?

I am sort of sentimental about this plant, since it was my first Nep and the
only non-orchid survivor of the freeze. However, I have room for only one nep
in my growbox (not counting the N. madagascarensis), and, like wives, I have
to get rid of the old dried-up one if I want to get a new, "frisky" one.

JEC
the kinder, gentler version

PS - Go for it Amy!
The more commersials on the list the better if you ask me (which nobody did).
It saves me from having to surf the web and download those HUUUUUGE
memory-hogging photos.

PPS. - Speaking of which, can anyone SELL me a N. wrigliana or something else
which grows like gangbusters and ship it to Southern Indiana without it
FREEZING this late in the year? U. longifolia or sandersoni? Cephalotis?