D. cistiflora

From: Steve Alton (S.Alton@rbgkew.org.uk)
Date: Wed Nov 17 1999 - 02:01:15 PST

Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 10:01:15 -0000
From: "Steve Alton" <S.Alton@rbgkew.org.uk>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: D. cistiflora

Dear All,

Has anybody got any advice on growing D. cistiflora from seed (not
you, Bill Tribe - you said it was easy!)? I sowed some on the
surface of peat/sand mix in late Aug/early Sep here in southern
UK, and kept them in a greenhouse which is heated but only just -
night temps. are now around 3C.

I was told that when the days shortened and temperatures dropped
it would pop up like mustard-and-cress, but so far nothing. Would it
benefit from a squirt with gibberellic acid?

Any advice much appreciated.

Steve Alton