Cephalotus

From: MCATALANI@aol.com
Date: Fri Nov 26 1999 - 09:42:58 PST

Date: Fri, 26 Nov 1999 12:42:58 EST
From: MCATALANI@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Cephalotus

<< currently, i have a cephalotus measuring 2 inches from the base of the
pitcher to the rim. I do not like to measure to the lid because that would
lead to invalid measurements since the opening varies based on humidity. -Dick

A couple of my largest plants measure 3 1/2" from the base to the rim, and
about another inch to the top of the lid dome....they continue to get
larger...they are not considered the "giant" form of the plant, and I
somewhat question whether or not there is a true "giant" form of cephalotus,
or if they all will eventually grow larger under the right conditions and
given enough time....I question other plants with a designation of "giant" as
well, such as S. psittacina...if I place both the typical and so called
"giant" forms of psittacina in the same sphagnum moss/high humidity
environment, they end up looking exactly the same...other plants, such as S.
minor, will show both size and pitcher differences between its typical and
giant forms growing in the same environment....ok, sorry, i digressed a
little on the orignal question...
Michael Catalani