20,000 VFT seeds!?

From: Barry Meyers-Rice (bamrice@ucdavis.edu)
Date: Tue Dec 07 1999 - 08:38:56 PST

Date: Tue, 7 Dec 1999 08:38:56 -0800 (PST)
From: Barry Meyers-Rice <bamrice@ucdavis.edu>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: 20,000 VFT seeds!?

Hey folks,

I direct the advertising policies and accounts for nurseries, etc., in
CPN. Yesterday I got an odd bit of snail-mail from a potential advertiser.
The advertiser included ad copy, but instead of payment provided a baggie
stuffed full of "20,000 Dionaea muscipula seeds, valued at $500". I'm
going to return this baggie to the advertiser tonight, but I thought that
if someone on this list had a burning desire to act on this, I'd sell them
the seed for the advertising money. Crazy, I know, but worth a small
email!

The seed is very clean (i.e., no foreign material), and if nothing else it
is remarkable to see this many Dionaea seeds at once. Much like a packet
of poppy seeds, but this would make for a very expensive bagel.

Cheers

Barry

Dr. Barry A. Meyers-Rice
Carnivorous Plant Newsletter