Re: Dying nep...

From: Hayes7@aol.com
Date: Wed Dec 08 1999 - 15:04:07 PST

Date: Wed, 8 Dec 1999 18:04:07 EST
From: Hayes7@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Dying nep...

Tom,

> Hi list, i have a problem... each time i receive nep trough mail
> that spent much than 1 week in a box, i have always a lot of
> difficulties to retablish them... even if after a "quarantine" into
> a high humidity bag etc, and lower humidity little by little, the
> leaves began to yellow, then turn to black... then die... they all
> do that again and i'm bored of that. any advice?

First off, don't give the plants the opportunity to sit in a box for a week.
Use a faster shipping method. Here in the states I use Priority Mail through
the US postal service and have EXCELLENT results. In the exceptionally cold
and warm months, I use overnight service and while it does cost more, LIVE
plants are definitely worth it!

Take care,

Thomas Hayes
www.dangerousplants.com