Tap Water Purifier or Reverse Osmosis?

From: Joe Harden (jharden@txdirect.net)
Date: Mon Dec 13 1999 - 11:54:08 PST

Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 13:54:08 -0600
From: "Joe Harden" <jharden@txdirect.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Tap Water Purifier or Reverse Osmosis?

Hello all.

For my birthday, my brother surprised me and got me a Tap Water
Purifier. It quotes t omake perfect Deionized Aquarium Water. It
does claim to remove Calcium Magnesium, Sodium, Potassium, Sulfate,
Chloride, Carbonate, and Fluoride, then also Copper, Zinc, LEad,
Iron, Cadmium, Manganese AND Phosphate, Nitrate, Ammonia, Silicate,
Nitrite (whew).

I thought I read somewhere that a Tap Water Purifier wasn't enough,
and one should get a Reverse Osmosis unit instead. Is this True? A
R.O. can run over a hundred dollars, but this Tap Water Purifier
only ran $40.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

Joe Harden

www.carnivorous-kingdom.com

[HTML file part2 deleted by listprocessor]