Strange direction for CPN

From: Barry Meyers-Rice (bamrice@ucdavis.edu)
Date: Mon Dec 20 1999 - 09:00:11 PST

Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1999 09:00:11 -0800 (PST)
From: Barry Meyers-Rice <bamrice@ucdavis.edu>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Strange direction for CPN

>This seems rather strange considering the direction CPN appears to
>be taking as it traverses the portal to the New Millennium. Don't
>get me wrong I'm all for a gradual mix of all and sundry but I do
>think the News & Views section needs to be beefed-up a bit to the
>level that it used to be in the old "Black & Whites". Can we have
>a few less "Descriptive" articles and a few more active ones?

Hey Richard,

As CPN Co-editor Jan (who is speedier at the keyboard than I) said, we can
only print what we are sent. The News & Views are light, fun little pieces
which are very easy to prepare for publication. They are published in the
same quarter that we get them (although occasional issue-layout needs
precludes this). This is in stark contrast with the publication lead
time of nine months or so for the other types of contributions.

Bottom line...no membership input => no News & Views. The math is simple.

Barry

Dr. Barry A. Meyers-Rice
Carnivorous Plant Newsletter
Conservation Coeditor