Longwood Gardens Nepenthes

From: JMLAVRICH@aol.com
Date: Sun Dec 26 1999 - 13:54:51 PST

Date: Sun, 26 Dec 1999 16:54:51 EST
From: JMLAVRICH@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Longwood Gardens Nepenthes

Hi All,
I visited Longwood Gardens in Kennett Square PA today hoping to catch a
glimpse of a restored collection of Nepenthes that seemed to disappear
several years ago. Alas, only a few specimens still remain: a few hybrids
(mixta, dyeriana, unnamed), a worn looking but enormous truncata and a couple
of alata (green variety). I remember a fantastic collection from many years
ago. Does anyone out there have the history of what happened?
Thanks,
Joe Lavrich
Philly, PA