Albizzia

From: Marcus Rossberg (Marcus.Rossberg@phil-fak.uni-duesseldorf.de)
Date: Thu Dec 30 1999 - 05:20:34 PST

Date: Thu, 30 Dec 1999 14:20:34 +0100
From: "Marcus Rossberg" <Marcus.Rossberg@phil-fak.uni-duesseldorf.de>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Albizzia

Hi folks!

Sorry for being off-topic, but I think I remember some of you talking
about growing Mirandolae some time ago. Since they are quite close to
Albizziae (I think), I wanted to ask, whether anybody managed to keep a
seedling of Albizzia alive for over a month - and if so: how? The seed
germinated within 2 weeks unter 100% humidity, I reduced the humidity
slowly to about 60%, and for 4 or 5 weeks the plantlets are doing fine.
I haven't exposed them to direkt sun, kept the soil (peat:sand ~ 2:1)
moist all the time, no strong wind. Then within day the leaved shrivel
up and apparently no effort can save the little fellows lives.

Any suggestions?

Thanks, have a happy Y2K,
Marcus