S. purpurea

From: 8357737 (DMERRITT@pbserver.paulbunyan.net)
Date: Sat Jan 08 2000 - 19:43:58 PST

Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2000 21:43:58 -0600
From: 8357737 <DMERRITT@pbserver.paulbunyan.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: S. purpurea

Hi John, You asked about growing Sarracenia purpurea outside in Salt
Lake. I live in northern Minnesota and S. purpurea grows wild
here. I don't think you can beat our winters. We often get 30 to
40 degrees below 0 (F) and purpurea does not mind at all. We also
get 90 above in the summer, but with very high humidity. If your
bog stays humid enough then purpurea should be an easy one for you.
Other cp that grow wild here (and therefore are very hardy!) are
Drosera anglica, D. intermedia, D. linearis, D. rotundifolia, a
cross anglica x rotundifolia, x obovata, and Pinguicula vulgaris.
Hope that helps you some. Anyway you can't freeze them out. bye,
Anita

[HTML file part2 deleted by listprocessor]