Re: germination of d. falconeri

From: Todd Wuest (groovy19@mail.tds.net)
Date: Fri Jan 21 2000 - 23:01:17 PST

Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2000 01:01:17 -0600
From: Todd Wuest <groovy19@mail.tds.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re:  germination of d. falconeri

> On a related note... can someone tell me which months of year
correspond
> the dry season in the part of Northern Australia that is home to the
> petiolaris complex? I have been looking through the literature and
can't
> find any definitive answers.
>
> Thanks,
> Christoph

here's two links i think will help you, the first is a link to an AUS
government sight that gives very detailed and specific information on
weather records for cities in AUS, you can just use allen lowrie's
seedlist to get a local for a specific species, look up the local and
not only do you know the basic seasons of the local, you can also get a
feeling for its subtleties, such as how dry the dry season is, how hot
is tropical AUS? etc.
http://www.bom.gov.au/climate/averages/
this next one is like the first just more general and extended
throughout the world including some weather stations in nep country
http://www.worldclimate.com/
take it easy
todd wuest