Nepenthes curtisii

From: Nicholas Plummer (nplummer@duke.edu)
Date: Fri Jan 28 2000 - 06:27:37 PST

Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 09:27:37 -0500 (EST)
From: Nicholas Plummer <nplummer@duke.edu>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Nepenthes curtisii

A couple of months ago, I asked about the identity of Nepenthes
curtisii. Jan explained that it is a synonym of N. maxima, but several
people also said that at least one hybrid is floating around the U.S.
under that name. It was mentioned that the hybrid is probably N. maxima
x N. albomarginata.

I have finally taken some photos of my plant labeled "N. curtisii."
Upper pitchers only, I'm afraid. The plant originally came from Atlanta
Botanic Gardens. Does this look like the putative N. maxima x N.
albomarginata, or is it probably some other hybrid?

the picture is at: http://www.duke.edu/~nplummer/nepenthes2.html

cheers,
      Nick
(digging out in Durham, NC. The Sarracenias are still buried under snow)
Nicholas Plummer
nplummer@duke.edu
http://www.duke.edu/~nplummer/