Re: Silica Sand

From: John Green (HPJGREEN@ihc.com)
Date: Fri Jan 28 2000 - 07:43:50 PST

Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 08:43:50 -0700
From: "John Green" <HPJGREEN@ihc.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Silica Sand

Susan and others having a hard time finding silica sand...
I've been able to buy 50 lb bags of silica sand from a store called
Sutherland's, which is mostly a lumber store trying to look like a Home
Depot. The service is lousy, the sand is a bit dusty, and it's a bit
tough lifting a 50 lb bag of sand into the back of my car (even for a
He-Man like me!), but it works fine. I realize that Sutherland's
probably isn't in all states (and likely not outside the US), but maybe
you could check the stores that aren't just huge chains. If I remember
correctly, it was pretty cheap, too, around $5 for the bag, which is
only twice what I paid for a 2 lb bag of the same exact stuff at the
garden center.

John Green
Salt Lake City, Utah