Turions U. australis

From: Howard J. Wu L.Ac (mrwu@cello.qnet.com)
Date: Sun Jan 30 2000 - 14:54:30 PST

Date:          Sun, 30 Jan 2000 22:54:30 +0000
From: <mrwu@cello.qnet.com> (Howard J. Wu  L.Ac)
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject:       Turions U. australis

    At the end of last year I collect about two dozen turions of U.
australis growning in a tub outside. These I have stored in my fridge.
(4'C) Recently I noticed they all started to open. This has me very
concern as it is snowing outside and don't know what I should do with
them. These turions were to be my next year outdoor growing stock. This
strain orginally came from Dr. Ademec (Czech Republic) as turions in
Nov.98 and winter over last year ok in the same fridge. I have a little U.
australis saved over from fall growing in an aquarium. But they are very
stunted compared to outdoor cultivation. The scores of U. Bremi turions I
have in the same fridge still look find. Heard of other plants species
breaking dormancy mysteriously as if plants collective intuition knew
something.
Howard J. Wu
Bishop Ca.
mrwu@qnet.com