Re: Dionaea muscipula double petioles and traps

From: SCHLAUER@chemie.uni-wuerzburg.de
Date: Mon Jan 31 2000 - 08:56:47 PST

Date:          Mon, 31 Jan 2000 08:56:47
From: SCHLAUER@chemie.uni-wuerzburg.de
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject:       Re: Dionaea muscipula double petioles and traps

Dear Nathan,

> Another thing, has the D.m.f. clam been given a
> proper varietal name, as well as any others?

I do not know what you mean with "D.m.f." (I suppose from the
context you mean some _Dionaea muscipula_ form/s).

> Will there be a review of all forms eg. dentate, banded, so as
> to ensure proper identification and preservation?

Some descriptions of new _Dionaea_ cultivars have been submitted for
publication in CPN recently, and you will see them published soon. I
am not sure if this will cover all plants you know but some of the
names crrently in "informal" use will indeed be registered as cultivar
names.

Kind regards
Jan