re: Heliamphora sp.?

From: Ivan Snyder (bioexp@juno.com)
Date: Tue Feb 01 2000 - 10:30:40 PST

Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 10:30:40 -0800
From: Ivan Snyder <bioexp@juno.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: re: Heliamphora sp.?

Hi again,

/
>The true position is itself very confusing. The adventurers who went off
>Neblina report that the H. tatei var. neblinae populations on the
mountain
>were extremely variable;

Ivan again:
Glad you brought this up. Yes, the taxonomy for Heliamphora of that
region seems indeed confusing with the extreme variation witnessed. I saw
their video documentary, very puzzling. At least several more variatal
forms must be described. I hope they are working on this and that we hear
more about it. In addition, they did also find H. minor.

Whatever the case of my plant's identity, I feel certain that it better
suited to cultivation.

Matt wrote:
>As to the mold which killed the majority of the seedlings, did you try
using
>any fungicide on the seed / seedlings?

Ivan again:
No I did not. My cultivation method is a case of survival of the fitest.
: )

Ivan Snyder
Hermosa Beach
California