African Genlisea

From: Fernando Rivadavia-Lopes (fe_riva@uol.com.br)
Date: Sun Feb 13 2000 - 19:43:42 PST

Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 00:43:42 -0300
From: "Fernando Rivadavia-Lopes" <fe_riva@uol.com.br>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: African Genlisea

Hi again Richard,

>Just wondering if anyone out there grows Africa species of
>Genlisea such as G. africana, G. pallida? G. hispidula seems to be
>widely cultivated but what of the other Africans.

            If anyone grows African Genlisea other than G.hispidula, I'd say
it's the people at the Bonn Botanic Garden. When we were there for the ICPS
congress, they didn't have any live ones, but were studying the herborized
ones they'd collected on previous trips there. Maybe they'vereturned and
brought back live ones... Anyways, African Genlisea are a huge question mark
and desperately need to be studied further in their native habitats and in
cultivation. Volunteers??? :)

Best Wishes,

Fernando Rivadavia
Sao Paulo, Brazil