Mutant Drosera Blooms...RUN!

From: Joe Harden (jharden@ev1.net)
Date: Tue Feb 15 2000 - 09:12:54 PST

Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 11:12:54 -0600
From: "Joe Harden" <jharden@ev1.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Mutant Drosera Blooms...RUN!

I had a very odd occurance in my greenhouse these past few weeks. I
have 4 Drosera capensis in bloom, and two of them have formed a
single bloom stalk with TWO flower stalks on the end!

I stuck a picture at my site for anyone interested --
http://www.carnivorous-kingdom.com/dblbloom.jpg

Has anyone else ever had this happen? I'm hoping they make viable
seed, a 2 for 1 deal and all. One of the other blooms, which is a
single-stalk, produced almost 30 individual flowers so far, I never
had that many before. I guess I just got a fertile house.

ALSO....I just got a new Digital Camcorder, and it can zoom in very
close to the leaves..so expect some new close-ups of dead bugs! woo
hoo! I saw something at Best Buy called 'Dazzle' which can transfer
full-motion video and sound to the Computer -- into Real-Video
format. I'm thinking about getting the camera on a tripod and zoom
in on Venus Flytraps & Sundews, and catch some footage of insects
getting caught, then share the gruesome footage with all. If anyone
has footage they would like to convert, e-mail me. If I could
figure out stop-motion video, a video of blooms over the period of
weeks would be very cool too...hmmm...

Joe Harden www.carnivorous-kingdom.com

[HTML file part2 deleted by listprocessor]