papers online

From: schlauer@chemie.uni-wuerzburg.de
Date: Thu Feb 17 2000 - 04:34:09 PST

Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 12:34:09 +0000
From: schlauer@chemie.uni-wuerzburg.de
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: papers online

Dear Bruce,

> would it be feasible to scan it and send it email? I
> don't know if it is physically impossible, or even
> illegal, but it would resolve the "time" issue....
> It just a hint for how I resolve getting information
> to people with technology -- fast and cheap.

This would be feasible if the recipient was able to receive large
files via email (not all people with email do have a large mailbox).
Email would of course be much cheaper than snail mail.

The time issue would not be affected significantly, because the
journal is in a library some 150 km from here, and I will visit it at
the earliest in two weeks (more probably three weeks). This is the
rate limiting step. I could of course also use interlibrary loan, but
the service here is so "excellent" that I would receive the copies in
a month (if everything works fine).

Kind regards
Jan