Re: More on S. rosea

From: Nigel Hurneyman (nhurneym@uk.oracle.com)
Date: Mon Feb 28 2000 - 10:21:45 PST

Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 18:21:45 +0000
From: Nigel Hurneyman <nhurneym@uk.oracle.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: More on S. rosea

Looks good to me, but the Devil's Advocate might also suggest
S. purpurea subsp. purpurea var purpurea
S. purpurea subsp. purpurea var venosa
S. purpurea subsp. rosea
which recognises, in order of importance
1) the difference between S purpurea and the other Sarries
2) the difference between rosea and the other purpureas
3) the difference between venosa and purpurea
(but then how would you recognise the current var montana?)

NigelH

PS - I have a .jpg of my Drosera citrina in flower - if you want to see
it drop me an e-mail and I will e-mail it as an attachment.
Alternatively I may soon have a web page for my pygmy photos.