Re: South African Sundews

From: SCHLAUER@chemie.uni-wuerzburg.de
Date: Tue Feb 29 2000 - 16:08:09 PST

Date:          Tue, 29 Feb 2000 16:08:09
From: SCHLAUER@chemie.uni-wuerzburg.de
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject:       Re: South African Sundews

Dear Joe,

> I understand why they could be labeled Temperate sundews,

I do not understand this, because most of them are
etesial/mediterranean (rainy, cool winter & dry, hot summer) or
subtropical (dry, cool winter & rainy, hot summer) and not at all
temperate (rainy/snowy, frigid winter & +/- rainy, warm summer).

> but it seems they belong to a subcategory of their own.

They in fact belong to several subcategories, depending on their
respective geographical distribution.

> Anyone else ever noticed this?

Yes. The texts published in certain books are not entirely accurate.

Kind regards
Jan