Mosqyito attack!

From: Hideka Kobayashi (hkobayashi4@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Mar 11 2000 - 12:10:06 PST

Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2000 14:10:06 CST
From: "Hideka Kobayashi" <hkobayashi4@hotmail.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Mosqyito attack!

Hi, Joe. I have never tried this, but I would try products based on BT such
as Gnatroll. BT (Bacillus thuigiensis), which attacks a wide range of insect
larva. I think it has some specificity, and some attack mosquit, some don't.
Since it is a non-phytopathogenic bacteria, the application of this stuff
'should' not damage your plants. But like I said, I have never tried this,
so there is no guarantee. The same strain of BT attacks mosquito should also
kill fungus gnats. There is a nematode attacks fungus gnats as well. You
might want to contact the local Extension agent.

Hideka