Germinating Byblis

From: Barry Meyers-Rice (bamrice@ucdavis.edu)
Date: Tue Mar 14 2000 - 08:58:00 PST

Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 08:58:00 -0800 (PST)
From: Barry Meyers-Rice <bamrice@ucdavis.edu>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Germinating Byblis

Hey folks,

I've had some experience growing Byblis, and in my experience some *do*
require special tricks re: germination. While B. liniflora comes up pretty
easily in cultivation without special tricks (possibly a result of
selection by cultivation), B. gigantea and the other species of Byblis
*do* benefit from a quick fire. I have an article on line about how to do
this. The smoke treatments people use may do just as well---I haven't
tried them.

Byblis article: http://www.sarracenia.com/pubs/byblis.html

Cheers

Barry