Re: Sarracenia fertility

From: Dave Evans (dpevans@rci.rutgers.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 15 2000 - 10:48:01 PST

Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 13:48:01 -0500
From: "Dave Evans" <dpevans@rci.rutgers.edu>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Sarracenia fertility

Dear Trent,

    While this is true, if you want to try and make a cross after the petals
have dropped, go ahead and try. However, you should assume that it is not
likely that you will affect pollination with these efforts after the petals
have dropped. So keep careful notes to keep track of which flowers are for
sure and those that are not likely to have worked. I think you still have
some time while the petals are dropping, sometimes this takes a day or two.

Dave Evans