Sarracenia fertility

From: JWi5770869@aol.com
Date: Thu Mar 16 2000 - 16:08:24 PST

Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 19:08:24 EST
From: JWi5770869@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Sarracenia fertility

In a message dated 16/03/00 08:30:06 GMT Standard Time, cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
writes:

> Anyone know how long a Sarracenia stigma remains fertile after the petals
> >drop? Making some hybrids with the nicer clones I've got in flower. Thanks
> >for the input.
> >
> >Until later
> >
> >Trent Meeks

Another problem that I've found with Sarra's (Flava's mainly) is their
susceptability to not dropping any pollen if the flower is exposed to cooler
conditions once its matured.
Has anyone else noticed this?
The plants aren't exposed to extreme cool, but if there are any bad days, in
the Spring, once the flowers have opened then I've noticed that they don't
seem to drop any pollen.

John Wilden
Southport
Lancs.