Huh? Summer dormancy?

From: Adao Pereira (miguelporto@mail.telepac.pt)
Date: Mon Mar 20 2000 - 08:50:29 PST

Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 16:50:29 -0000
From: "Adao Pereira" <miguelporto@mail.telepac.pt>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Huh? Summer dormancy?

Hello!

I'm worried about some of my sundews, namely Drosera cistiflora, D.
manni and D. sewelliae. All these need a summer dormancy, don't
they? But I have "germinated" these in winter, and now that the
weather is warming, they are growing, when they should be starting
to rest (my D. menziesii have flowered and are already dying, so I
guess it's time to rest). What should I do, then? Let them grow?
I don't understand the pigmy drosera life cycle. When do they
produce gemmae? I want that my D. sewelliae produce gemmae before
they enter dormancy. And the flowers? The D. manni are flowering,
will they enter automatically dormancy after that? Or must I
trigger dormancy?

Thanks and good growing! Miguel

[HTML file part2 deleted by listprocessor]