Animals, Nazis, and me

From: Barry Meyers-Rice (bamrice@ucdavis.edu)
Date: Mon Mar 27 2000 - 09:55:00 PST

Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 09:55:00 -0800 (PST)
From: Barry Meyers-Rice <bamrice@ucdavis.edu>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Animals, Nazis, and me

Hi Sylvia

I stand by my statement that the animal-rights/plant-rights discussion has
gotten far off track what this listserve is about. I am not declaring that
either side is right or wrong, rather, it has descended into vitriolic
name-calling and has lost its usefulness and relevance. Both sides of the
argument are getting ugly, and very unhelpful.

> you check out your priority list. Some things cannot be let to slide.
> That's how the Nazis got by w/ what they did.

Ah yes, here I am, siding with the Nazis. See my comments above. Anyone
who wishes to discuss this with me further can do so directly, and not on
the list.

Dr. Barry A. Meyers-Rice
Carnivorous Plant Newsletter
Conservation Coeditor