Nepenthes Ripining Times

From: RICK (ricmeista@titan.co.nz)
Date: Thu Feb 05 1981 - 18:08:57 PST

Date: Fri, 6 Feb 1981 15:08:57 +1300
From: "RICK" <ricmeista@titan.co.nz>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Nepenthes Ripining Times

>From my Nep experience it seems that many highlanders take about 5
    months or thereabouts for the seed to ripen and you can safely
    harvest the seed, if say you are collecting in the wild for
    example, once the capsules are fully developed and you can feel
    a little 'give' when you squeeze them slightly. Don't know time
    for lowlanders, it maybe a bit shorter and I'm sure plenty of
    growers can answer that for you. By the way I have N. arists
    and they seem to behave rather like N. talangs and N. inermis
    so they are easy as to grow and relatively quick too, but for me
    they would not be worth hybridizing as the hybrids would squeal
    somewhat!! The pitchers are a little odd though. My weeds are
    not from tc. Sweet growing-- Ric.

[HTML file part2 deleted by listprocessor]