Spectabilis, lavicola, 'spectacola'

From: RICK (ricmeista@titan.co.nz)
Date: Thu Feb 05 1981 - 19:48:58 PST

Date: Fri, 6 Feb 1981 16:48:58 +1300
From: "RICK" <ricmeista@titan.co.nz>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Spectabilis, lavicola, 'spectacola'

We here in NZ, and some dudes in Oz, grow a few N. spectabilis
variants ranging from G. Panggulubau to G. telong (whatever) which
has N. lavicola 'spectabilis' This a mountain north of Takengon
near a mountain (2855m) which we were told in the 80's had Neps on
it. Also 40 k's or so north of Blangkejeren where the road is at
1800m or so we sussed out some N. spectabilis that we jokingly call
N. 'spectacola'. Anyway for us here in NZ the northern most
variants grow the easiest and quite quickly too. The G. Pangulubau
variant seems to us not as easy for some reason. This species makes
nice coloured hybrids. Ric.

[HTML file part2 deleted by listprocessor]