SECRET SQUIRREL / NOT OF THIS EARTH

From: RICHARD DAVION (davion@camtech.net.au)
Date: Fri Mar 31 2000 - 03:18:33 PST

Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 20:48:33 +0930
From: "RICHARD DAVION" <davion@camtech.net.au>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: SECRET SQUIRREL / NOT OF THIS EARTH

Dear Mary-Louise et al

The CSIRO did work on Saintpaulia at their Phytotron in Canberra,
ACT, Australia and found that this Genus prefers for optimum
growth; a Night-Time temperature warmer than the Day-Time
temperature - a regime that does not exist anywhere on this Earth
though you should be able to reproduce these conditions in your
Tissue-Culture Grow-Room quite easily.

We've just changed over from Daylight-Saving here in Southern
Australia and as a consequence My Computer has suddenly decided to
wipe out 5 months of Emails (since we began Daylight-Saving)
>(*U*)< so I've just missed out on the prelude to the Social
Politics going on with certain members of 'The Board' of the ICPS
:)). So if anyone can fill me in with the background "Goss"
so-to-speak I'd appreciate it greatly - since I just love gossip
(better than a hot cup of Coffee on a cold Winter's night) - if I'm
not self-generating it (myself), I'm list'ning to other people's
woefully tales of sorrow and neglect.

DAVION