Re: Drosera capensis in Australia and California

From: Kris Kopicki (krisk@camtech.net.au)
Date: Wed Apr 05 2000 - 00:12:16 PDT

Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2000 16:42:16 +0930
From: Kris Kopicki <krisk@camtech.net.au>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Drosera capensis in Australia and California

Hi,

> Well, instead of pulling these weeds, how about using poison? I know
> that this may threaten nearby plants, especially since there is so much
> water in these areas, but if a systemic herbacide could be applied with a
> brush to the offending rosettes, so much more damage would be done to their
> population.....

This is the method the South Australian Native Orchid Society uses to
remove weeds from locations. It's very effective and does little if any
damage to surrounding vegetation since you are specifically targeting
plants. But at the same time it takes a lot of work to go around and
apply the stuff to each and every plant.

Kris