RE: Sarracenias

From: Tom Massey (massey@fmhi.usf.edu)
Date: Wed Apr 12 2000 - 07:25:24 PDT

Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 10:25:24 -0400
From: Tom Massey <massey@fmhi.usf.edu>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: RE: Sarracenias

FWIW:

In my experience Sarrs. don't tend to self pollinate nor do they often seem
to attract pollinators outside their native grounds, so unless you plan to
pollinate them yourself, you are unlikely to get seed. However, I have not
found that flowering slows down the production of pitchers, so if you like
the look, or smell, leave them alone.

Tom in Fl.