dehumidifier water

From: EdwardK674@aol.com
Date: Mon Apr 17 2000 - 10:53:21 PDT

Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 13:53:21 EDT
From: EdwardK674@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: dehumidifier water

Hi all,
As long as the dehumidifier isn't leaching copper from the condensation coils
the water should be fine to use for cps. A quick check with one of the better
aquarium test kits would be able to check the copper levels. The only other
caution I would add is not to use the water that is collected at the same
time as painting, or other fume producing activities take place. The
chemicals may condense out with the water and can cause problems for your cps.
Ed
PS In the past before RO I used to used water from a dehumidifier for my reef
tank.