RE: Dehumidified Water

From: Tom Massey (massey@fmhi.usf.edu)
Date: Tue Apr 18 2000 - 05:14:53 PDT

Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 08:14:53 -0400
From: Tom Massey <massey@fmhi.usf.edu>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: RE: Dehumidified Water

Unless I am missing something, water coming from a dehumidifier is the same
as water coming from your air conditioning unit. This is more or less
distilled water. I guess the condensation coils may have a preservative
coating, but unless the unit is fairly new, I would suspect it would be
about as safe as you could get. You might get some dust or gunk slowly
accumulating over the years, but I believe that would be irrelevant for
your plants. Might make it unappetizing to drink :).

Tom in Fl.

On Tuesday, April 18, 2000 6:08 AM, MLogan1960@aol.com
[SMTP:MLogan1960@aol.com] wrote:
> I live on Ft Myers Beach, close to the ocean. And I'm talking of
dehumidified
> water - we run a dehumidifier sometimes because the humidity reaches 75%
in
> the house sometimes - not good on the wood and stereo/computer equipment.
Was