Re: cow farts (American college education at its best)

From: bruce dudley (bddudley@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Apr 23 2000 - 07:23:55 PDT

Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2000 07:23:55 -0700 (PDT)
From: bruce dudley <bddudley@yahoo.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: cow farts (American college education at its best)

Hi group! :-)

Well, to keep the spamming down to a minimum, and to
keep the conversation to carnivorous plants ONLY:
(I apologize if two messages come up. I'm not sure
the other message will be delivered....)

The most destructable event to many bog and prairie
plants has been the suppression of fire. Global
warming has a minimual effect, in my opinion. Fire
suppression (nearly totally caused by man's mistaken
need to CONTROL)has altered many watersheds by letting
trees and other invasive brushes to cover sensitive
bog areas. We nearly lost the North American prairie
due to the near extinction of bison and prairie
dogs(which ate the brush) and to suppression of fires
-- both events due to human ignorance. Now, we have
altered the fire cycle in bog areas and the brush and
trees are choking out sensitive carnivorous plants.

""You wrote:
"...Global warming/climate change may prove to be a
problem but that'll have
to be addressed at the source (namely, us; vehicle
emissions, etc.).""

"This is simply wrong."

Michael P.!!!!!
In your opinion, and maybe supported by YOUR
research.....!!!!!

"I know"

You believe... or you think...

"because I wrote my thesis on global warming and the
"greenhouse effect" and got a PhD for it from the
University of Texas."

Your thesis doesn't mean a hill of beans to some
people! You merely researched the topic and found
some loopholes in other peoples' opinions, thoughts,
and research! You may cut them to pieces, but you
need to be supportive here.

Michael Pagoulatos!
Why such strong language???? Being so educated means
you could offer your ideas in a more respectful
manner!
Thanks!!!!! :-)
Bruce

http://invites.yahoo.com