wild collecting

From: 8357737 (DMERRITT@pbserver.paulbunyan.net)
Date: Tue Apr 25 2000 - 11:28:19 PDT

Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 13:28:19 -0500
From: 8357737 <DMERRITT@pbserver.paulbunyan.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: wild collecting

Hi, Maybe I worded a statement poorly. When I said I would wild
collect when I knew a place was to be logged, I was referring to
plants it is legal to collect. Where I live a plant belongs to
whoever owns the property it is growing on. Only a plant listed by
the government as endangered cannot be legally collected if you have
the owners permission. If the plant is listed, then even with
permission it cannot be taken. In order to be listed it must be
shown to be in danger of becoming extinct. I agree that laws should
not be broken. Again it is a moral issue. Even a bad law is still
a law. If everyone can decide for themselves which laws to honor,
then chaos results. Bye, Anita

[HTML file part2 deleted by listprocessor]