Re: Some questions

From: Kris Kopicki (krisk@camtech.net.au)
Date: Sun Apr 30 2000 - 03:55:19 PDT

Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2000 20:25:19 +0930
From: Kris Kopicki <krisk@camtech.net.au>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Some questions

Hi,

>Is it normal for B. liniflora to drop the petals and anthers after
>flowering?

The majority of flowers I've had remain on the plant, only the odd
one has dropped off. I haven't been growing them for all that long,
so I couldn't say if it were normal or not, but I'd guess not.

>Is there a sure-fire way to ID D. x badgerupii (D. occidentalis ssp
>occidentalis x D. nitidula ssp omissa)?

Sort of. All known hybrids containing D. nitidula have red stigma's.
The only similar hybrid (that I am aware of) that also contains
nitidula is D. x "carbarup" which can be distinguished by it's
multiple flowering scapes, and light pink - white flowers. D. x
badgerupii usually has single flowering scapes (there is the odd
exception of course) with white flowers.

>Does anyone know the differences between D. lanata and D. derbyensis?
>
>Does anyone know how large (old) N. ampullaria needs to be to produce
>basal pitchers?

Sorry, can't help you there.

Hope this helps,

Kris